SMG Security in Del Mar, California
Facility Name- PREMIER FOOD SERVICES, INC.
Location- DEL MAR FAIRGROUNDS AND RACETRACK
DEPARTMENT: Internal Control
REPORTS TO: Internal Control Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Security Position for SMG/Premier Food Services, Inc. Responsible for --the security and safety of vault personnel and our clients' properties. The Security Officer will periodically tour the assigned facility to identify any irregularities, observe protection, and enforce regulations for the facility in regards to the premises, personnel and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure the security, safety and well-being of all personnel, visitors and the premises
- Provide excellent customer service
- Adhere to all company service and operating standards
- Remain in compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Immediately respond to emergencies to provide necessary assistance to employees and customers
- Protect the company's assets relative to theft, assault, fire and other safety issues
- Follow procedures for various initiatives, including fire prevention, property patrol, traffic control and accident investigations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- 18+ years of age
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Knowledge of security operations and procedures
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of following complex instructions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Current California Guard Card
- Physical fitness
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Immaculate presentation
- Willingness and ability to work to a flexible roster, 7 days a week
- Willingness to participate in the company's screening process, including drug screen and background investigation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 858.755.6345.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled