J. Craig Venter Institute Summer Intern - Informatics in La Jolla, California
Genome editing tools are changing the landscape of synthetic biology. The Michael Group at JCVI is looking for a summer intern to characterize new genome editing tools. The primary focus of the selected applicant will be to utilize a variety of techniques to clone and express novel CRISPR genes. The cloned products will then be analyzed in a collection of cell lines to characterize editing activity. The intern will be responsible for data generation, collection and organization as well as participation in laboratory meetings.
The summer intern will perform common molecular biology techniques such as PCR, DNA isolation, DNA sequencing and sequence analysis.
- Candidates must be able to operate standard laboratory equipment including balances, centrifuges, pipets, spectrophotometer, and have experience with laboratory safety procedures.
- Must be able to read, comprehend, and discuss scientific literature with co-workers.
- Candidates should be detail oriented and have excellent time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills also desired.
- Experience writing computer code and/or experience with bioinformatics will be a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Requisition Code: INFO1342
Location: La Jolla, California