Wolf Creek Federal Services General Maintenance Worker in OCEANSIDE, California
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
Performs general maintenance and repair of interior and exterior of buildings, low voltage electrical systems, and components associated with industrial facilities. Additionally, maintain all furnishings, appliances and equipment along with warehouse facilities and inventories. Keeps supervisor informed of unique situations and problems encountered.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Assists craftsmen in assigned tasks.
- Manage and maintain all furnishings, appliances and equipment, and warehouse facilities and inventories.
- Coordinate disposal of government assets that are in excess or to be replaced.
- Works from blueprints, drawings, models, or verbal and written instructions.
- Follows established safety procedures and utilizes safety protective equipment and clothing that pertain to particular trades and skills.
- Performs duties in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Replace electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors.
- Use plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings.
- Repair or replace sinks, water coolers, and toilets.
- Paint facilities, structures and or equipment as identified.
- Repair or replace concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks.
- Replace damaged paneling and floor tiles.
- Hang doors and install door locks.
- Replace broken window panes.
- Repair and replace plumbing fixtures and systems and sewer lines.
- May be required to perform janitorial services.
- Perform general maintenance on equipment, machinery and vehicles.
- Ensures proper housekeeping practices are observed.
- May perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Timely, cost effective performance of duties.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all work.
- Adherence to contract requirements and Wolf Creek policies.
- Working closely and harmoniously with fellow workers.
- Adherence to all safety and health rules and regulations.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must possess the ability to perform assigned work tasks without more than normal supervision.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional and courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the trades industry mandatory.
- Ability to complete OSHA 30-Hour Training for General Industry within 120-calendar days of hire.
- The ability to read and interpret plans, schematics specifications, operating and maintenance manuals, codes and regulations.
- Hands-on experience with various hand tools and power tools, including knowledge of equipment capabilities, limitations, and safety factors.
- Valid class C state driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- U.S. Citizenship
- DBIDS and background check
- Formal training through apprenticeship or vocational school
- Experience working on military installations
Primary Location: US-California-OCEANSIDE
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: OCE10001
Req ID: OCE10001