Abraxas Corporation Associate Software Engineer in San Diego, California
Cubic Global Defense
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
This job is at a cleared facility, we can only hire US persons at this site. A US person is either a US citizen or a Permanent resident. Applies fundamental engineering principles, procedures and techniques to perform well-defined software engineering assignments and routine system analysis following designated standards and procedures. This position typically works under close supervision and direction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyzes functional requirements
• Participates in design reviews under technical leadership
• Prepares design documentation for review by technical leadership
• Provides inputs into formal effort estimates to implement software work products
• Performs data entry, writes programming code and implements software applications
• Understands and works with peripheral elements of assigned software work products (run time environments, databases, networks)
• Defines and executes software test methods and procedures
• Participates in defect and enhancement management processes
• Participates in design reviews and executes changes under direction of a technical lead
• Collaborates with technical lead to develop design and feature changes
• Utilizes company processes and approved tools for design and control of software work products
• Maintains awareness of delivery schedules and quality criteria
• Prepares software design, end user and/or system administration documentation
• Engages in continuous self-improvement of technical skills and improvements in programming techniques and toolsets
• Recommends value added changes to existing coding practices, standards and tools
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in computer science, computer engineering or other related technical discipline. Basic software engineering knowledge to include: language, compilers, architecture, development and operating systems. Knowledge of programming languages such as; Java, “C/C++/C#,” Product Lifecycle Management, graphics or other developmental software. May require ability to develop software in a Unix, Windows Server 2008/XP/Windows 7 and up, Visual Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDEs) or other PC environment. Ability to use PC software such as word processing, database, spreadsheet and flowchart, and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools. Effective written and oral communication skills required. Able to analyze and solve complex software engineering problems. Able to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under deadline and budget guidelines. Must be able to work in a lab environment and be able to use a computer. May be required to travel domestically and internationally to include working odd hours, in-line with customer requirements.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic Corporation is the parent company of three major businesses, Cubic Transportation Systems (CTS), Cubic Global Defense (CGD), and Cubic Mission Solutions (CMS). CTS is a leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide. CGD is a leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. CMS provides networked Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities for defense, intelligence, security, and commercial missions. All three of our businesses provide innovative technology and an integrated approach to systems and services for government and commercial customers around the globe. This integration ensures our customers receive streamlined operations and strategy, cost-efficiency and speed to market.
Cubic was founded in San Diego, California in 1951 and has since built a global reputation for enhancing customer value. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $1.462 billion, Cubic is proud to have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employs 8,500+ people worldwide. To learn more about Cubic please watch the video at this link:
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf , We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law
For more information on Equal Employment please visit: