MedImpact, Inc. Financial Operations Analyst in San Diego, California
Financial Operations Analyst
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Financial Operations Analyst is responsible for executing financial-related operations and processes owned by the Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) Finance department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with all plan invoicing, collection, payment application, refunds, delinquency/aging, and termination (for nonpayment) processes in accordance with CMS guidance and PDP and MedImpact policies and procedures
- Promptly responds to financial-related questions, requests, grievances, and Salesforce cases (or other CRM tool) originating from members
- Reviews claim adjustment activity for completeness and accuracy based on the basic Part D benefit plan design, varying client plan designs and benefit setups, and known adjudication issues
- Documents findings based on their review and presents results to management
- Reports PDE edits to appropriate team members within MedGenerations, GPS, and the plan sponsor
- Resolves PDE edits from the plan perspective as assigned
- Modifies and executes SQL queries as assigned in support of PDP Finance tasks and processes
- Prepares financial reconciliations and reporting for internal and external users
- Compares actual financial performance v. expectations
- Presents financial results and analyses to management
- Assists with gathering documentation for various audits (CMS, plan sponsor, financial, etc.)
- Participates in cross-functional process improvement initiatives, projects, and issue resolutions from end to end with staff from MedGenerations, GPS, and other MedImpact teams.Performs steps towards desired outcomes as assigned
- Recommends process and system enhancements or improvements that reduce costs and increase efficiency, quality, effectiveness, and client satisfaction
- Optimizes data quality and automation opportunities.Reduces redundancy, rework, and waste
- Creates and maintains policies, procedures, and work instructions for the financial-related operations and processes owned by PDP Finance
- Completes ad-hoc projects and other requests as assigned
*Education and/or Experience *
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) along with two (2) plus years job related experience.
Computer Skills- To perform this job successfully, the following skills are required:
Intermediate Microsoft Office Excel and Word software skills
Knowledge of various accounting software and billing systems
Other Skills and Abilities
- Data Management and Analysis
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level I
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: San Diego, CA
# of openings: 1
Employment duration: Full time
Relocation Assistance: N/A
Job Code: 990.180417.5463